The Town of Estes Park Broadband InitiativeConnecting Our Community
Following a unanimous vote of the Town Board on March 12, 2019, the Town of Estes Park kicked off the process of establishing community owned and operated broadband, a high-speed internet service that will ultimately be available to everyone served by Estes Park Power & Communications.
Broadband Initiative Documentation
- Business Plan
- Broadband Financing and Next Steps report Nov. 13, 2018
- Proforma Analysis review by the Town Board Feb. 27, 2018: Staff’s overview presentation and Uptown Services’ Proforma Analysis presentation
- Estes Park Broadband Expansion and Technical Assistance Strategy Report by NEO Fiber (2015)
- Estes Park Area Take-Rate Assessment by Dr. Jill Mosteller, CSU (2016)
- Understanding the Town’s Broadband Initiative: Frequently Asked Questions July, 2017
- Presentation for League of Women Voters Jan. 31, 2017
- Broadband Engineering Project Stakeholder Kickoff Presentation: Oct. 31, 2016
- Broadband Engineering Project Stakeholder Kickoff Meeting Video: Oct. 31, 2016
- Article: Town Board considers launching new broadband service across Light & Power service area (March 5, 2019)
- Article: Broadband Update November, 2018
- Article: Broadband engineering plan due in summer of 2017
- Article: Behind the scenes of the broadband initiative by Town Administrator Frank Lancaster
- News Release: Town receives $1.4 million broadband engineering grant from DOLA: Study results will show how increased broadband access and 9-1-1 redundancy could be achieved
- News Release: Voters pass advanced telecommunications initiative
When Will Service Be Available?
Service will be built out over the next 3 to 5 years beginning the fall of 2019. The initial phase will take advantage of Estes Park Power & Communications’ smart grid fiber-optic infrastructure, which already exists in specific neighborhoods and is currently under construction in others.
Fill out the interest form to receive broadband updates.
By registering, you will also be one of the first to receive notice of service when it is available in your area.