For your celebration this year, you may have strung lights on your house, and your trees, and lit candles in celebration. But have you thought about the light that fiber brings to your home?
Here are some innovative uses of your fiber internet that can make the 12 Days of Christmas – and all the days after – even brighter and easier.
12. Light the Smart Lights. Smart device outlets allow you to control the timing of your holiday decorations, so you don’t have to think about unplugging the tree or turning off the light decor outside before going to bed.
11. Don’t let the Grinch steal your holiday cheer! Smart Home security and camera systems depend on reliable internet to function properly and alert you when something is amiss. Don’t forget the battery backup (check out the article below!).
10. Watch TV Together – or separately. Togetherness is fun, but what if you can’t watch another Hallmark Christmas Movie? Time for Die Hard? Everyone can watch what they want when they want – at the same time in the same room or different ones without fear of buffering. Get started with all the Holiday Streaming Deals from our partner, MyBundle.
9. Design Holiday Greetings. Using mobile apps such as Canva and Shutterfly, upload family photos and capture moments such as the first snow or a burst of candid laughter to make an exciting canvas for your family greeting card.
8. Create Gifts Online. Use favorite photos to create banners, blankets, mugs, and memory books for your loved ones. You can even fill a Create My Cookbook with treasured photos and family recipes.
7. Share Photos and Videos with loved ones without posting them for the entire world to see. Use an app like Cluster, which provides an Instagram-like feed but only for the people you invite into the group.
6. Share photos with “unplugged” family members. A Wi-Fi cloud frame from Nixplay provides a digital experience for the less tech-savvy folks in your life. This digital photo frame creates a slideshow of the photos you add, and you can easily use your phone to add more at any time — even if the photo frame is on the other side of the world. All the user has to do is turn on the digital frame and watch.
5. Plan Your Next Vacation. While the family is all together, it’s the perfect time to plan next year’s vacation. Experts like Jay Jaishankar, CEO of Visitor Insurance Services, a travel insurance company say plan early! “Ideally, plan six months to a year in advance to get the best deals,” he says. And according to a Statista survey, in 2023, 72 percent of travelers plan trips online.
4. Reindeer and other games are among the family’s favorite ways to engage with each other. Find multi-player games (such as Mario Kart or Overcooked) on Wii or PlayStation gaming consoles for the whole family to participate in.
3. Telecommute. It sounds better than playing hooky, right? The holidays are a great time to work from home if you can, particularly during the snowiest days.
2. Connect with Friends and Family. With Trailblazer Broadband’s unmatched upload speeds, you can virtually share holiday feasts and open presents “together,” keeping the holiday spirit alive, no matter the distance.
1. Disconnect! Get it all done and shut it down. Fast reliable internet keeps you from having to wait for the “wheel of doom,” that little spinning circle that appears on the screen whenever your connection is too slow for whatever it is you’re doing, giving you more time for fun and family holiday pursuits.
‘Tis the season for joy, and Trailblazer Broadband is here to make it even brighter. Happy Holidays from the Trailblazer Broadband Team!
Trailblazer Broadband and the Town of Estes Park do not promote or endorse any private entities or service providers referenced in this newsletter, linked references or in any other published materials. Resources and links are provided for informational purposes only.Back to Blog